Number insured under Obamacare barely budges – 11 million latest count. This is hardly the 21 million we were promised. Obamacare has failed utterly and completely to deliver on its promises. #KeepYourDoctor #KeepYourPlan #WheresMy2500
Connecticut Obamacare insurers seeking rate hikes up to 9.9 percent. #NotWhatWeWerePromised #WheresMy2500
Essence of Obamacare: The government has to pay for people’s healthcare so the government doesn’t have to pay for people’s healthcare. Sure, that makes a lot of sense.
Good luck, Oklahoma, you’re going to need it. The Medicaid expansion you just voted for will cost you $200 million a year to start and you have no idea how you’re going to pay for it (just like Idaho). State lawmakers are alrready scrambling to cut the budget to pay for this mess.
‘Idaho’s Medicaid expansion by referendum was an act of selflessness’ – are you kidding? Idaho still doesn’t know how they’re going to pay for it. More magical thinking from the #UtopianLeft
- This is insane: Idaho hasn’t figured out how to pay for voter-mandated Medicaid expansion yet and the #UtopianLeft is already chasing more unicorns and rainbows – pushing a voter initiative to increase school funding.
Will Missouri march off a cliff, too? Medicaid expansion referndum set for August 4th:
- Funding for Missouri Medicaid expansion remains a mystery and enrollment will blow past projections
- Another mystery: where’s the money coming from to push Medicaid expansion in Missouri? – advocates scoop up $1.5 million in dark money donation where donors not disclosed
- Medicaid expansion in Missouri would mean more bureaucracy, more fed-up doctors, and depending on Washington to keep its promises
- More phony multiplier studies tout economic benefits of Medicaid expansion, this time in Missouri – but there are too many real-world news stories of economic damage in expansion states to believe it (budget shortfalls, healthcare jobs lost, etc.)
Temporary boost in federal funding for base Medicaid program won’t save states from budget shortfalls – day of reckoning coming
Medicaid enrollment pandemic tidal wave coming; no extra funding for Medicaid expansion, so expansion states will be hardest hit (p. 14)
Medicaid expansion states crying and moaning for more federal money in wake of COVID crisis. NO! They foolishly expanded Medicaid beyond a poverty program into a middle-class entitlement and no one else should have to pay for their bad decisions.
COVID to increase Medicaid spending by half a trillion dollars. #Unsustainable
Virginia’s Medicaid expansion enrollment has exceeded projections ever since December 2019 and is still rising – 400K max projected, versus 441K now (up 10,000 from 4 weeks ago). #Unsustainable
Arizona Medicaid enrollment hits record high to 27 percent of the state’s population; further increases expected. #Unsustainable
Medicaid expansion enrollment climbing in Montana. #Unsustainable
Medicaid expansion decreases life expectancy – “average life expectancy decreased more rapidly in states that expanded their Medicaid coverage than in non-expansion states” (p. 14)
- Re the recent spate of articles finding some improved health outcomes under Medicaid expansion - “Any program that spends hundreds of billions of dollars will benefit somebody.” The question is at what cost and is it sustainable. See:
The feds recovered almost $3.6 billion in healthcare fraud dollars last year. More gubmint, please!
Deconstructing the Single Payer Narrative (tweets & analysis) –
REPEAL OBAMACARE NOW!
– legalize true catastrophic insurance
– return Medicaid to a poverty program
END THE OBAMACARE CONGRESSIONAL EXEMPTION!